Dr. B's nurse finally called me back at 4:45 today, causing me to harass their office twice and ponder the merits of a nervous breakdown. Turns out she was waiting to call because she wanted to talk to the RE about my pathetic antral follicles.
This nurse is new to my case, as the doctor has 2 nurses: one for IUI/Clomid and one for IVF. Since this is my first IVF, I just started working with her. So while I knew I was a deadbeat in the antral follicle realm, she apparently did not. I like her very much, so it was nothing about her specifically, but it was like rubbing salt in the wound when she said that the RE may opt to cancel this cycle and see if the next baseline looked better. I suspected the RE would not be surprised at my scans and poor number of antrals and we would go ahead, but what would a cycle be without a little added trauma due to misunderstandings and turnover of staff?
After waiting another hour for the follow-up phone call, worrying that my already poor prognosis has gotten even worse, she called back and confirmed that my RE was not surprised at what he saw (or, rather, didn't see). So, the plan is still on and off we go!
As I've posted before, the RE will be happy if I can muster 5 good follies. Less than three and we'll convert to IUI. 150IU of Menoupur + 450IU of Gonal-f, ay caramba. If this can't stim me, nothing will. I go in on Friday morning for my next u/s and b/w to check on follie progress. Talk about TGIF!
4 comments:
Can't wait for more update. I left you a note on my blog. Tag, you're it.
Glad you're getting started! I'll be praying for lots of follies for you :)
Hey there! First off, may I just say that I'm lovin' your blog. Your message board posts are always so wonderfully written so I'm happy to be able to follow you in blog-world. You're on my daily list now *wink*
I can't wait to follow your updates for the upcoming IVF cycle. Wishing you lots and lots of follies.
(michelle_in_va)
Post a Comment